Thursday, October 20, 2005

This Guy is a Hardcore Fan

This was published by the Associated Press on October 20, 2005...

"Man requests longer prison sentence to match Bird's jersey number"

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- A man got a prison term longer than prosecutors and defense attorneys had agreed to -- all because of Larry Bird.

The lawyers reached a plea agreement Tuesday for a 30-year term for a man accused of shooting with an intent to kill and robbery. But Eric James Torpy wanted his prison term to match Bird's jersey number 33.

``He said if he was going to go down, he was going to go down in Larry Bird's jersey,'' Oklahoma County District Judge Ray Elliott said Wednesday. ``We accommodated his request and he was just as happy as he could be.

``I've never seen anything like this in 26 years in the courthouse. But, I know the DA is happy about it.''

----------------

By the way, did you notice what he was convicted of? "Shooting..."

Looks like he scored.

3 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know...I find the many a little looney tunes...you know what I mean?

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i meant to write "i find the MAN a little looney tunes" but I messed up. So that kind of makes my funny not really funny anymore, huh?
However, I believe if you were to go in lock up...you would choose 30 years, 31 years, or 18 years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home